Seeing as I’m getting this blog going again at the age of 22, I thought I’d let you know one little fact for every year that I’ve been alive, so here goes…
- My hometown is just outside of Margate. But no one has heard of it. So “near Margate” will do.
- I am a massive hoarder.
- I graduated from Southampton Solent University in November 2015 with a degree in Popular Music Journalism.
- My first teddy bear was called Ticklebear because I would place him at the end of the bed and tickle him with my feet for comfort. So much so, my Nan had to repair his body from wear and tear. Some people cuddle a blanket. I just attacked my bear with my feet.
- I’m generally described as incredibly laid back, but I don’t always feel that way.
- My favourite gig I have been to so far was Jamie xx at Brixton Academy last October. I was so happy, so free and it was just so simply incredible. Also the bass was soooo heavy I thought I was going to blow up.
- When I was a kid I would watch Aristocats everyday, without fail. I’d also pretend to be the cats dancing on the piano. Again, without fail.
- I love Grimes.
- I’ve been with a certain human being called Tom for nearly 3 years now which is just a little bit crazy.
- There was a point that I was reaaaally into Twin Atlantic. So you can imagine my excitement when I got the opportunity to interview them.
- I don’t think I’ll ever have enough shoes.
- I met Brian May while marching through London as part of a “Votes for Animals” campaign in April last year.
- When I was really young I tripped over the step in my granddads garden while carrying a handful of custard creams. Instead of putting my hands out (THINK OF THE CUSTARD CREAMS!!!!) I just full on face-planted the floor. I still have the scar from where I bit clean through my lip buuuut it’s not too obvious, well worth choosing the custard creams over my face really.
- I’m overly sentimental. I will keep any rubbish if it holds any significance what so ever to someone or something close to me. (I’ve currently got an empty heart-shaped box of chocolates from Valentines Day sitting on the side when really I know it should be in the bin.)
- I’m a bit of a chameleon, which is both useful and frustrating. I enjoy that I can blend to my surroundings but sometimes I feel like I lose sight of who I am and what I’m about. Eek.
- ANYWAY. I used to call mashed potato “fluffy tato”. It wasn’t until I got the potato masher out and furiously mimed the action of mashing potato (apparently) that my Mum understood what I was on about.
- I do love writing. But sometimes I would really just rather, not. Sorry.
- I’m a massive spender, not a saver.
- I’m really bad at trying to think of interesting facts about myself.
- A trip to the aquarium is really pleasing. But don’t expect me to get all clued up on sea life while I’m there. Just leave me to wander around and gaze at the fish, okay?
- I have an unhealthy obsession with tote bags.
- To this day I don’t know what the title of my dissertation REALLY means. Just long pretentious words really eh.